Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mubariz Ahmed Shariff, MISM Dec ’09 Class

Communication is an important part of our everyday lives. More importantly, written form of communication is monitored very closely in the corporate world. What you write can really have an impact on what you can get done. I’m currently working in Deloitte Consulting in their Public Sector Practice and as part of my work I interact with many people each at a different level than the other – managers, clients (who are government employees), track leads and colleagues through written media and I feel ready to write almost anything from a simple memo, to a meeting agenda or a marketing plan. The things I learnt in Ed Barr’s class - Professional Writing have helped me in situations that I least expected. It is a wonderful feeling to be equipped with the tools he provides in his class - makes you more confident about your writing and more importantly gets you what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment